Information Systems & Design Assignment 2
COIT20248 Information Systems Analysis and Design Assignment 2 – Systems Design and Development
This assessment relates to course learning outcomes 2 and 3 stated in the e-course profile.
Assessment 2 is a group assignment (Max of 4 students in a group). Following on Assessment 1, Assessment 2 is based on the same project case study. In Assessment 2 – System Design and Development, you are required to complete tasks 1-7 below which assess your general course knowledge, particularly on modelling diagrams and Interface design from weeks 6-10 about different facets of systems development. You will deliver a presentation to explain about the design and development of your project.
Please note that ALL submitted Assignment 2-reports are passed through a computerized copy detection system and it is extremely easy for teaching staff to identify copied or otherwise plagiarised work.
• Copying (plagiarism) can incur penalties ranging from deduction of marks to failing the course or even exclusion from the University.
• Please ensure you are familiar with the Academic Misconduct Procedures, available from: http://policy.cqu.edu.au/Policy/policy_file.do?policyid=1244
Assignment 2 is in continuation of Assignment 1. There are two types of tasks, a written assessment and a presentation with details below.
A. The Written Assessment (Report):
You need to submit a design of a website. You are to complete the following tasks using the same case study provided to you (also used for assignment 1) on Moodle:
1. Find out all Critical Use Cases and Draw User Case Diagram.
2. Draw Context Level Data Flow Diagram.
3. Draw Level 0 Data Flow Diagram depicting all the business process description provided.
4. Draw Entity Relationship Diagram showing all required entities and its relationships.
5. Create CRUD table.
6. Provide a prototype of website design and architecture you have developed based on the case study.
7. Details of individual group members’ contribution towards the development of the project.
· You are to develop the report having each task clearly numbered together with your answer. You are also expected to write an introduction and conclusion for this report.
Reference and in-text citation should be used in the report where necessary and in proper Harvard style.
· For tasks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, you have to strictly follow all diagramming rules used in the text for this course. Description/explanation/justification is needed in addition to showing the diagrams/tables. Please feel free to make any assumption necessary for the reader. The explanation of your assumptions can help the reader understand your reasoning and is as important criteria in producing your design.
· For task 6, the website design is a prototype, which provides user brief idea how the system would look like and operate. Students are not required to implement a complete system with full functionality. Database connectivity is not required. Screenshots of the prototype should be presented and explained in the report.
· For task 7, a table listing the tasks performed members and percentage of contribution is needed. Individual group member need to write one page towards their own contribution for the development of the project. Individual contribution should focus on what they did and how they did it. Students are also required to write difficulties and challenges they faced while doing their allocated task.
B. The Presentation:
During Week 11, there will be a presentation based on the case study and the tasks you have performed. Each group will have 15 minutes to present your project development. The presentation can be around 10 to 15 slides (including title page, outline, content, conclusion and references). Prototype of website design should be demonstrated in the presentation. All members need to participate in the presentation.
To get solution visit our website www.sourceessay.com