This assessment in a continuation of the assessment 2 context.
Select one of the following businesses (the business must be mentioned by name in the report):
- McDonalds Restaurants Australia
- Woolworths Supermarkets Australia
- An Australian business i) you have been employed at or ii) grants you access to investigate, observe or interview employees within the business about quality management. If you suggest an organisation other than a business you need approval from the unit coordinator.
You are the new manager of the business in Australia. You report to the owner of the business who has no active involvement in the business, but has firm expectations about how it will be managed. The owner has given you twelve months to successfully implement Total Quality Management within the business.
You are required to write a 2500 word short report to the owner and the board of the business that describes 'why', 'what' and 'how' the business will implement Total Quality Management (TQM).
1. Describe 'why' TQM or parts of it should be implemented in the business. The owner will want to know what the business rationale is and what business benefits the initiative is targeting. In other words: Why should they pay attention to your TQM proposal? What are the visible changes in the business once TQM is implemented?
2. Describe 'what' you want to implement within the business as part of the TQM initiative. In other words: What quality management concepts, principles and tools do you want to implement within the business to achieve the business benefits? This must be supported by appropriate references.
3. Describe 'how' you intend to implement the TQM initiative within the business. Outline a short plan that lists the steps in implementing TQM within the business. This is a simple list of sequential steps written in plain Australian English describing what will be done, why it will be done, and who will do it. It should be clear to the reader what is involved in each of the steps. This must be supported by appropriate references.
Note: You can invent information about the business. Do not use up a lot of words doing this, and try to keep it realistic. Always remember that the purpose of the report is to demonstrate what you know about quality management and its practical application. It is about demonstrating your knowledge and understanding of what TQM can do for a business and its limitations.
- You should conduct research to identify a suitable implementation process. Inspiration and further advice to guide your research and application will be provided on the unit website.
- Use the business as a way to demonstrate your knowledge of the unit content, including the textbook and additional reading you have done. This involves extensive referencing of theory available from these sources.
- Provide an executive summary, introduction, a body of the report addressing 'why, 'what' and 'how' of the initiative and a conclusion. See the recommended short report format.
- Use at least eight (8) references from the unit materials and your own reading that are specifically 'quality management' references. These should be from peer reviewed journal articles and quality management textbooks. The eight (8) references described above are in addition to any references you provide that give information about the selected business.
- Use in-text referencing and a reference list, following the CQUniversity Harvard Referencing or APA Style Guide provided on the unit website.
- You are encouraged to use bullet points, illustrations and diagrams to reinforce your argumentation where appropriate.
Your report will be assessed according to the following criteria.
Your report must demonstrate:
- Thorough understanding of relevant quality management concepts, principles, theories, tools and models in regards to the assessment tasks. 60%
- Appropriate and well structured, concise and clear expression of quality management arguments. 10%
- Clear flow of thought throughout the paper with a clear and succinct purpose described in the introduction and a clear and succinct conclusion. 10%
- Critical review skills and integration of relevant academic and profession literature. A minimum of eight (8) academic journals must be used. 10%
- Appropriate in text referencing and reference list. Adherence to CQUniversity APA Reference Style. 5%
- Clarity of expression, grammar and spelling. Appropriate presentation format within (±10%) of the word limit: 2500 words. 5%
To get solution visit our website www.sourceessay.com