Assessment 4: Briefing Document
Overview Assessment 4 is an individual research report that is focused on ensuring that students are able to do quality research (peer reviewed articles (most important), textbook, reports, etc.) into the fast food industry.
Students are expected to answer the following questions:
• Identify both established and emerging consumer value propositions within the fast found industry.
• Provide a process map (or flowchart) of a fast food restaurant’s order fulfilment process.
• Discuss the application of manufacturing excellence in fast food chains
• Review the relationship between service quality and profitability in the industry
• Describe the current and potential operational challenges faced by managers in the fast food industry.
• Provide recommendations for improving the service operations of the fast food restaurants.
To successfully complete the assessment, students will need to explain in depth and within the permitted word limit of 2500 words the stated questions. This word limit includes the title page, the table of contents and the references list. Students research must be done by undertaking quality research (peer reviewed articles (most important), textbook, reports, etc.) in order to achieve high marks for the ‘Research Section’ of the marking criteria which is worth 45%.
The recommended report structure is:
Table of Contents
1. Established and Emerging Value Propositions in the fast food industry 1.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS 1.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS … ETC
2. Process Map of Order Fulfilment Process
3. Application of manufacturing excellence 3.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS 3.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
4. Relationship between service quality and profitability 4.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS 4.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS … ETC
5. Operational Challenges 5.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS 5.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS … ETC
6. Recommendations 6.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS 6.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS … ETC
Additional Important Report Information
• Please pay attention to the Assessment Marking Criteria.
• The assessment must be Harvard referenced, typed Arial 12 font, 1.5 spaced, and delivered in the report structure highlighted above.
• It is recommend using no less than 7 references for the report with many to come from peer reviewed journal articles.
• The assessment will need to be submitted to the Moodle site by the due time.
• It is recommended to plan time appropriately and start assessments early. This will give you time to ask questions, do well and hopefully pass the subject.
To get solution visit our website www.sourceessay.com