Assessment 1 Report – Authentic task
Topic : Business Report
Length : 3,000 words (excluding list of references) ± 10%
Weighting : 25%
Style and format
1. Reports must be typed with Times New Roman font size 12, 1.5 spaced Reports must be typed with Times New Roman font size 12, 1.5 spaced Reports must be typed with Times New Roman font size 12, 1.5 spaced submission)
2. Pages are to be consecutively numbered
3. You must be able to provide a duplicate of your submission if requested.
4. Your assignment must be submitted by the due time and date in order not to incur a penalty. Reports submitted late will be penalised by the deduction of 10 percent of the maximum possible mark of the assessment per working day. Please refer to the student handbook for further details
5.Referencing style must follow the Harvard style, available on the UOW library website
6. Whenever the Annual Report is cited, you must provide a page reference to the Annual Report so that your work can be easily verified
7. Use tables, graphics, charts when possible (optional but recommended)
8. Do not plagiarise your work. Plagiarism is the unacknowledged work of another person. Plagiarism can result in zero marks or possible expulsion from the university.
9.Assignments may be penalised for failing to meet any of these requirements
Download a copy of the 2017 Annual Report of Coca Cola Amatil Limited from the Moodle site. Using the Annual Report and other relevant information on the company, prepare a report that addresses the following:
a) Provide a brief summary of the company. Include details such as industry sector, primary activities, recent performance (300 words maximum).
b) Prepare a table that outlines details of the Board of Directors. Include items such as name, gender, age, education, career history, remuneration, and any other details you think are important or interesting. (400 words maximum). Please do not cut and paste from the annual report.
c) Provide a brief assessment on the characteristics of the Board, considering the information stated in requirement (b) above and other relevant factors such as composition of the board, board expertise, etc. (400 words maximum).
d) List and comment on important investment or financing decisions made by Coca Cola Amatil Limited during the year (200 words maximum).
e) Coca Cola Amatil Limited follows the corporate governance recommendations of the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council (CGC) and has several policies in place to support its corporate conduct. Outline the key recommendations of the ASX CGC in table format (100 words maximum).
f) Identify the company’s audit firm; specify what auditor’s state in relation to the accounting information and their independence. (200 words maximum).
g) List some key measures taken by the Coca Cola Amatil Limited to ensure that its business operations have incorporated high level of ethics and ethical judgments (200 words maximum).
h) Identify the top five investors of Coca Cola Amatil limited and comment on the significance of their ownership stake (200 words maximum).
i) Analyse the financial statements of Coca Cola Amatil Limited for 2017 using ratios and comment on the following aspects of the company (show formulas and calculations in the appendix and only use the ratios
for comments in the body of the report):
- Asset management efficiency
- Capital structure
- Market value
- Cash flow management
- Overall performance and financial status (600 words maximum).
To get solution visit our website www.sourceessay.com